The Case of the Perfect Book Cover

With the release of the paperback copy of Loving Ashe set three months after the release of the ebook, it's safe to say that I was not as prepared as I should have been.  I was plagued by paperback-release jitters mainly because I was sending one copy to my mother, to whom Loving Ashe is dedicated to.  It's one thing to send the book out the world, right? It's a whole other enchilada to send a copy to your mother.

At least my mother.

Not that it's hard to please my mother - it probably is - but this is the woman who introduced me to art and books, who had the whole collection of classics in my room, and kept her copies of Harold Robbins hidden on the top shelf thinking no one would find them.

But then I digress - Harold Robbins would be for another blog post.

So anyway, the case of the perfect book cover was the main reason I held off on the publishing of the paperback because I knew my cover was a plain stock photograph just moved a bit to the left to make room for the typography.  I always fear that someone else will publish something with the same cover and so I've been on the look-out for months for the right cover - or in the case of Daniela from Selfpubbookcovers.com, the right tweet to show up at just the right time on my Twitter feed.   And already, the cover for the second book of the Loving Ashe trilogy is now finished.

Right now, we're finalizing everything with the paperback for Loving Ashe and I am definitely excited - so excited that I'm going to hold a release party for Loving Ashe the way I should have done when I first published the book three months ago.  There will be a raffle for prizes and book give-aways, so keep your eyes peeled.

And to celebrate this upcoming book release, I've made a video with a new blurb and a whole new mood to capture the essence of this new book cover, compiled along with the best reviews for Loving Ashe since I published it, gleaned from Scribd, Amazon and Goodreads.

Who knows? You just might find your review on there!





No comments